Do you find it hard to pick yourself up again when life goes wrong? To bounce back from a broken friendship, a failed test, a low grade can be tricky. It takes time. Or what about when you’re not chosen for the team or play a particular part or role. It sucks I know.
Is that what failure feels like to you? The thing you really wanted to happen, feels out of your reach and you’re left wondering when it will be your turn? Well, you’re most certainly not a failure and in this episode, I’m going to tell you how to feel differently about failure using my Bouncy Castle skills. When it doesn’t happen for you or it’s not your turn, it’s all OK. The sky most certainly is not falling on our heads!
Here’s what you’ll hear this episode:
- Success takes time and failure is part of the process
- Why achieving success is like being on a Bouncy Castle
- How you can use failure to keep going
- Failure doesn’t mean there is something wrong with you
Helpful Stuff For Parents:
You may want to read these blog posts: ‘Why you need to get it wrong more often’, ‘Why your child feels rubbish when they get it wrong’ and ‘How to help your child bounce back when they feel like giving up’.
If you want to prepare to fail, then you are very welcome to come and join me in The Energy Pod class on Mondays at 5pm.
Smiley coaching resources mentioned in this episode:
- Check out the replay of the Energy Pod classes on Disappointment (#1), Creativity (#13), Frustration (#4) and Patience (#20). Did you know that if you buy all 4 replays in a bundle, you can save yourself some money too.
- Check out the Back to School Confidence Pack which addresses all fears and negative thoughts around school. The pack has videos and workbook which is designed to strengthen your emotional resilience around all school related challenges. It works on mindset which is the key to overcoming your fears. What you think about creates your feelings and how you feel affects your behaviour.
- My Smiley Thought Cards are really good for training your brain to think differently, especially for children who think the worst or worry a lot. Remember, if you have an Alexa, you can get Smiley Thoughts read aloud to you over breakfast so you can start your day in a positive state of mind. To get started you just have to say: ‘Alexa, open Happy Thoughts’.
What’s your favourite episode?
Click here if you’d like to tell me your favourite episode or give me some feedback on the podcast, I’d love to hear your thoughts and by writing a review you will be encouraging more children to listen in.
Have a question for Smiley?
Hop on over to the comments section on the website and leave your question for Smiley. She will either respond to you there or use your question to feature in another episode of the podcast. You can do this anonymously so nobody knows you have asked.
Tell your friends about Truly Madly Smiley
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please tell all your friends about it. You can share it using the social media buttons on this page or you can just mention it in the playground or at the school gates.
Stay in Touch!
Remember to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.
Sign up to my weekly newsletter which is full of special offers, helpful coaching tips and support for families who are committed to living their best life.