At some point, all of us have felt that achy hurty feeling of loneliness. It can make us doubt ourselves or wonder if we’re unlovable. Of
Here’s what you’ll hear this episode:
- The difference between being alone and feeling lonely
- Why spending time in your own company is good for you
- How loneliness has nothing to do with the number of friends you have (your popularity)
- Why you feel lonely and what you can do about it
Helpful Resources for Parents:
Often children with separation anxiety are clingy and upset without the familiarity of you or the comfort of their home. I’ve written 2 helpful blogs for parents all about that to help you: ‘So Long Farewell! Learning to say goodbye!’ and ‘How to Handle Clingyness Without Losing Your Cool.’
If your child has been bullied and feels lonely, you will find my FREE parents’ training ‘How to Safeguard Your Child Against Frenemies, Tricky People and Meanies’ really helpful and supportive. I know it’s hard to watch them struggle.
You and your family are very welcome to come and join the live Energy Pod class every Monday at
Helpful coaching resources mentioned in this episode:
- For those of you that want to grow your
self esteemand find real nourishing friendships, my online course ‘Be Your Own Best Friend’ will give you the tools to be kind to yourself and to stand up for yourself.
- Check out the replays of the Energy Pod classes on Alone (#17) and Love (#11).
- ‘How To Tame Your Angry Dragon’ is my online learning pack for those of you that are struggling with big anger and need some help to calm down.
- My Smiley Thought Cards are really good for training your brain to think differently, thoughts especially for children who think the worst or worry a lot. Remember, if you have any Alexa, you can also have Smiley Thoughts read aloud to you over breakfast so you can start your day in a positive state of mind. To get started you just have to say: ‘Alexa, open Happy Thoughts’.
Click here if you’d like to tell me your
Have a question for Smiley?
Hop on over to the comments section on the website and leave your question for Smiley. She will either respond to you there or use your question to feature in another episode of the podcast. You can do this anonymously so nobody knows you have asked.
Stay in Touch!
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please tell all your friends about it. You can share it using the social media buttons on this page or you can just mention it in the playground or at the school gates.
REMEMBER to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.
Sign up to my weekly newsletter which is full of special offers, helpful coaching tips and support for families who are committed to living their best life.