By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Full name: Lisa Parkes, trading as ‘Smiley for Life’ ™ (a registered Trade Mark)
Email address: lisa [at] smileyforlife [dot] com
Postal address: Unit 7, 28 Queens Road, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 9UT
Telephone number: 07810 540242
Links to Other Websites
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
What data is collected?
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data. We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, title.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
How data is collected?
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
- Order our products or services;
- Subscribe to our service or publications;
- Request resources or marketing to be sent to you;
- Enter a competition, prize draw or promotion;
- Give us feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions: As you use our site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites that use our cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties: analytics providers such as Google and Jetpack (a WordPress plugin) based outside the EU;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as PayPal and Stripe.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
- Identity and Contact Data from Zenler.com (an online platform which hosts Smiley’s Online Learning Den).
- Identity and Contact Data from Acuityscheduling.com (a secure online scheduling system for booking coaching sessions and classes).
How the data is used
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Where we need to perform the contract between us.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligations.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, messenger or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or messenger. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us.
Purposes for processing your personal data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Set out below is a description of the ways we intend to use your personal data and the legal ground on which we process such data. We have also explained what our legitimate interests are where relevant.
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to Smiley for Life’s Online Learning Den.
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Smiley for Life website.
- Supplying Smiley for Life products and services to you (please note that we require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you).
- Personalising and tailoring Smiley for Life products and services for you.
- Replying to emails from you.
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking on ‘Unsubscribe’ in the email).
- With your permission and where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone or post with information, news and offers on Smiley for Life products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to Smiley for Life using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law, we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email lisa [at] smileyforlife [dot] com You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of request. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
It is very important that information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing lisa [at] smileyforlife [dot] com
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us:
If you have provided us with your details and ticked the box at the point of entry of your details for us to send you marketing communications: and in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt out links on any marketing message sent to you or by emailing us lisa [at] smileyforlife [dot] com at any time.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to find out more about how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email us lisa [at] smileyforlife [dot] com
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.