It’s such a beautiful expression.
Love is a powerful thing and we often mistake what love is and what it does. I try to write about it in all its different guises. For me it’s a doing word – easy to say and hard to do. You can read my blog posts about:
- how these types of love can do more damage than good
- what horses taught me about love
- how you use love languages to emotionally connect with your child
- how loving your child like this can instantly transform your relationship
It’s scientifically proven that people who weave Gratitude into their daily routine are happier, healthier more emotionally resilient. Have you taken my quick and easy quiz to find out how emotionally intelligent you are?
As a recovering perfectionist, I find gratitude really helps when things don’t turn out the way I had hoped. Focusing on what’s missing, what’s wrong or what’s still to come keeps us stuck in space of lack and wanting more. When we focus on what we already have and are grateful for that, or even the opportunity to learn a bit more, it’s a game changer.
Here are some other ways gratitude can switch it around and change the way you feel for the better:-
2) Beam love – watch the video at the start of this post which explains how the energy you have in any tricky parenting situation makes a massive difference to how your child sees themselves and how they handle it.
3) Start keeping a gratitude journal – these are the ones I use in coaching or as a family start a gratitude jar.
4) Play Three Things I Love about today as part of your morning routine. It fits in nicely on the journey to school or over breakfast every day.
6) Put your Smiley Thought Cards somewhere you can see them like next to the kettle or on the coffee table or kitchen table. Visual cues are great reminders for creating new habits and these 40 positive thoughts will literally marinade you and your child’s brain to see and know the good.
7) Have a look at the 10 Things I Love Right Now and see if that inspires you. Be Grateful for what you have!
8) Check out Smiley’s Little Box of Kindness and see how gratitude, self compassion and kindness are an important part of treating yourself right and feeling good about who you are.