Are you emotionally constipated?
Yes that’s not a nice feeling at all is it?
In this video, you’ll hear me talk you through the signs that you’re not feeling your feelings and what you can do to kick start the process. I have 6 steps for you which spell out the word A-C-T-I-O-N to help you remember.
Signs you’re holding onto feelings or ignoring / not connecting to them:
- You find yourself losing it and become agitated over the slightest thing
- You are more focused on what other people are thinking / feeling / doing than yourself
- You get caught up in other people’s lives and dramas – so you don’t have to look at your own. You have feelings that you don’t feel. I’m not anxious, I’m not angry, I don’t get sad……what are you? A robot? Of course you have those feelings.
- You lie about how you really feel (see above point)
- You struggle with self care and taking care of your own needs. Do you even know what you need? Did anybody ever ask you when you were growing up?
- You can’t say NO and set boundaries with other people and your own children (of course you can’t, you have to feel your feelings in order to know what you need and what is right for you)
- You don’t like being by yourself – mostly because that means you’ll have to sit with feelings which are uncomfortable
- You act on your feelings (REACT) instead of sit with them and explore them with playful curiosity (PROCESS AND RESPOND)
- You act on your child’s feelings (REACT) instead of allowing your child to sit with them and explore them with playful curiosity (PROCESS AND RESPOND)
- You get depressed and anxious (depression is lots of unprocessed feelings which need a home)
- You dismiss, minimise or make light of situations and your feelings because you don’t want to ‘make a fuss’
- You don’t talk in terms of feelings, you talk about events and dramas and stories. Half the time you don’t know how you feel and you struggle to describe your feelings using appropriate labels for them. ‘Good’, ‘Bad’, ‘Horrid’ are NOT feeling adjectives.
What do you need to know?
I want to teach you how to be with your feelings and learn from them instead of running from them, numbing them or pushing them away. This stuff is so IMPORTANT guys, so make time to sit down with a cuppa and a journal to watch the video. Make sense of it for you and your family.
Carrying around all the unprocessed emotion.
Living in fear and anxiety.
Stuffing down anger with food.
Numbing out with screens or distracting yourself with busyness.
How many times a day do you stop and ask yourself: ‘How do you feel right now?’ Drop down into your body and take a breath. Close your eyes and go within. What do your feelings want to tell you?
- Which ones are you running from?
- Which ones are you avoiding?
You know after a while those feelings are going to come out…and it’s going to hurt more than if you did your daily emotional housekeeping.
Does your emotional literacy needs an overhaul?
Check out my new Energy Pod Collection which is currently half price £60 instead of £120. It will help you and your whole family relate to each other on an emotional level…which is where you need to be if you want any chance of happiness as a human being. You can’t give your kids what you don’t have so if you aren’t emotionally intelligent, your kids won’t be either.