As all good Coaches will tell you, reviewing where you’ve been, helps you to see where you are going! It also feels good to learn from the bits that went wonky and note what went well and give yourself a pat on the back for it. I started by reviewing 2017 with my Instagram Best Nine!
How was your year?
I wanted to share with you some of my highs and lows (to prove that I am still learning too!). It might inspire you to do the same.
⭐ Achievements ⭐
1. Helping hundreds of children feel gorgeous from the inside out
2. Learning how to create audios and videos (such fun!) which you can find over on my YouTube Channel
3. Launching Smiley’s Little Box of Kindness
4. Writing my first eBook and selling 30 copies
5. Setting up my Online Learning Den which is packed full of Smiley coaching for the whole family which you can do in the comfort of your own home
📕 Learnings 📕
1. My work is emotionally and energetically intense (learning how to protect that and focusing my energy on what matters / where it is needed the most).
2. Trust and believe in what I am doing
3. Silence doesn’t mean something bad has happened
4. Self care is essential if I am going to serve my clients to the best of my ability. I joined the Nirvana Spa and only started using it at the back end of this year (doh!)
5. I enjoy public speaking waaay more than I thought I would (when I worked in the Corporate World I would literally want to vomit in the toilets before a presentation and in the end, my Boss would step in and save me!)
🌈 Highs 🌈
1. Seeing clients overcome their fears and continue to long after coaching has finished
2. Spending quality time with my beautiful niece and lovely sister
3. Having my front room decorated complete with reading cosy corner
4. Learning to trust my intuition which is sooooo powerful and in tune
5. Knowing I am ending the year having cleared so much personal sh1te – I can’t even put it into words. It feels great though.
💩 Lows 💩
1. Releasing and letting go of personal relationships which no longer serve me
2. My laptop giving up the ghost
3. No holiday this year (see learning no. 4)
4. Realising that what I do is needed but not recognised by more people than I thought. People need to wake up and get it! NOW! They don’t think it applies to them until they reach crisis point, but with little and often maintenance they wouldn’t have to hit a crisis…apparently that’s life *grrrrrrrrrrr*
5. Neglecting my diet and exercise schedule (see learning no. 4)
So what about you?
If you want to take an awesome review of your year, you can download one here. You could also make that a New Year review on steroids and book a call with me. You’d get some Smiley insights into things perhaps you hadn’t noticed about yourself and your life (we tend to be hyper critical and less forgiving of ourselves) and ways to improve your world.
Do you have any wishes, aspirations or changes you want to make?
Changes don’t have to be huge, they can be:
- baby steps towards a bigger goal
- simple tweaks you make to your daily life
- letting go of things, people and commitments which you have outgrown
- choosing to think in a different way (more gratitude and positivity)
- a quick declutter: one drawer at a time
- saying no to things you would usually resentfully say yes to
Here are some other Smiley blogs to inspire you:
- Feeling sick of manic mornings, rushing around and being late, switch up your morning routine
- Feeling unappreciated or taken for granted, appreciate yourself and up your self care
- Feeling like a stuck record where nobody listens to you, that’s a sign you need to hone your listening skills would you believe?
- Feeling envious of others and feeling like nothing is going quite right for you, the energy of gratitude is what you need
- Feeling doubtful about what makes a good Mum wondering if you will ever get it right, try this
- Feeling like you are walking on eggshells with the bedtime battles and wanting more of an evening for you, try this and you won’t look back
- Feeling exhausted by your never ending Mum job description, maybe it’s time to re-write it and do it your way
- Feeling overwhelmed by your child’s feelings and are all out of ideas, this is what they need
- Feeling disrespected and resentful, learn how to set healthy and strong boundaries
Simplicity is the key to Making a Change
This year I am going to sprinkle the right energy on my new year with one question and one word:
My one word for the year is FUN
My one question is: Does it feel good?
If it isn’t fun and it doesn’t feel good to me, then I’m not going to do it. This means that any goals I set myself or any projects I want to achieve will be feelings based. If they are based on what feels right for me, then they will be aligned with my values and I will have more of a chance of succeeding.
Do you have one word or one question? Share it with me here. I’d love to know. Write it down and stick it up somewhere you can see it. On the fridge, bathroom mirror or set it as a reminder on your phone so that every day you can live your life by it.
If you are confused about how you want to take you and your family into 2018, I have something to help. Here is a great way to start the new year differently. Throughout January, you will get:
⭐ a Pick My Brain SOS Parenting Call
⭐ PLUS a copy of my new eBook ‘Rediscover the Magic of Parenting in a Busy World’ with 2 bonus videos (worth £20). It is broken down into 30 days of mini tasks so you can strengthen your connection with your child in baby steps / one day at a time thing.
Imagine how you will feel at the end of the month: less stressed, calmer or maybe more in control and focused?
Wishing you a very happy and healthy New Year.