🎨 My Big Smiley Story
Happily Ever After
Lisa seeing you in action is super inspiring. You use all the coaching methods in such a natural way and strike a good balance between letting the child guide the session and also getting them to focus on particular areas. I’m glad I got to sit in just to learn from you. Thank youSally, Weybridge
There has been a significant difference in our son since he has been seeing you. He has confidence in his own abilities and he rarely uses rubbish to describe himself any more. He smiles more and they are proper smiles too. He still has the busyness in his head, but I feel that is easier for him to manage as he is happier in himself. He has loved his sessions with you. Thank you so much for your amazing work in making him smiley, happy and more confident. It has not only had a impact on him but the whole family!Mel, Farnham
Have some questions? Let me help you …
How safe are we online?
You are very safe with me. I know how to take care of you and your child online so that they feel safe and secure. Your child will feel safe because they are in the comfort of their own home and they will follow your lead. So it helps if you can be confident and comfortable with it all.
- The Group Live Coaching Call is held using the app Zoom.
- The call has a specific pin code or link which you will be sent ahead of the call.
- Children can choose to actively participate by typing into the chat roll or they can sit and watch whilst completing their workbook.
- I do not share your email address or personal details with anybody.
Will other people be able to see us online?
No you will be anonymous unless you choose to introduce yourself or you contribute to the session. At the beginning of the call, you can turn off your mic and your camera so nobody can see you.
What age group is this for?
Smiley Coaching is created with children in mind. It’s fun and light-hearted whilst tackling some pretty meaty subjects. I start coaching at age 7 right through to youngsters in their early 20s. All children are different and I guess it depends on what you think your child is capable of. Most children will take what they need to from coaching and make it relevant to them. To help you work out if this if for your child, remember:
- they don’t have to write, they can draw or just listen
- they need to be able to sit in front of the iPad for 60 minutes (some children find this easy while others not so much)
- it is incredible how much children understand when they are looking for help with something
- every child will take what they need from the call and trusting this and the process is important (read about the magic of coaching and how it works in this blog post A Sneak Peek Behind the Scenes + Some Spooky Magical Stories)
- the energy and approach you have will influence their engagement and enthusiasm- they will follow your lead
- it’s something you can do together or leave them to it (see question below around your involvement)
- Maria Montessori’s approach to learning says that children of mixed ages learn so many things being together (it’s more our fears about what is babyish and what is ‘cool’ given that 18 year olds walk into my unicorn-and-rainbow-cuddly toy-littered coaching room and love it).
How does Live Group Coaching differ from 121 coaching or workshops?
Smiley’s 1-2-1 Bespoke Coaching Programme is a combination of face-to-face sessions with Skype Check Ins, videos and worksheets all lovingly put together and tailor-made specifically for your child’s unique circumstances.
In a Creative Coaching Workshop 9 local children come together to have fun with arts, crafts and games. Well-loved topics are confidence, friendship and worries. A workshop is a safe and relaxed space for children to explore their feelings.
A Live Confidence Call is going through a step-by-step process with a specific goal in mind – in this case boosting your child’s confidence to help them return to school, working through their blocks and making them feel good from the inside out. It is laser focused for 60 minutes; think personal training session at the brain gym and concentrates on a positive growth mindset.
We are not around on those dates.
The call will be recorded. So book yourself in and get a copy of the recording with all the other extras too.
How does it work?
- Book your call online where you will be asked to complete a few quick confidential questions about your child.
- Prior to the call you will be sent your printable workbook. If you want to be ready you can have a look through it.
- You will be sent a link or code so you can join the call beforehand. Make sure you have downloaded the Zoom App.
- Print off your workbook and find a quiet space to listen in – you may want to wear ear buds so you can focus.
- After the call, you will be sent any follow up materials and bonuses.
You can read more about what Smiley coaching is and how it works, check out this blog You Think You Know What Coaching Is? Think Again
Do I need to be there with my child?
You can be, but in my experience, children learn and participate more when you are not there. Sorry! If you do join the call, I will not be able to answer your concerns. If I feel like there needs to be additional support for parents, I will set up a separate coaching call for them. This is for the children. If you are concerned about their online safety, try an open door policy and be close by in case your child needs you.
How do I explain what this is to my child?
If it’s your first time working with me, I understand. Think about it like watching a TV programme with some fun activities to draw or write or questions to answer. Like a quiz show or watching Mr Motivator (do you remember him?!) on the TV doing an exercise class. Or if your child is a bit older it’s like watching YouTube or make the comparison with something else they enjoy doing online.
My child is nervous, how do I get them to come?
This is normal we expect them to be when it’s something new. They will take your need so if you are confident and feeling excited about the class, they will be too. What usually happens is you get so lost in the moment having fun that the time flies by and you don’t want it to end. There is no room for boredom in a Smiley live class. You can show them my YouTube channel so they feel as if they know me already. Anxious children are looking for safety so give them age appropriate information and get them excited about coming.
I’m not good with technology and don’t think this is for us.
You don’t have to be a wizard with tech stuff. Besides maybe your children will intuitively know what to do. They seem to know way more than I do these days – I must be getting old. All you need is two things:
The printable workbook, motivational download and instructions are delivered by email to your inbox with easy links. One click and you’re there! You will be informed of everything you need to know and do ahead of time. If you don’t hear from me, you may want to check your junk as I often fall in there.
Zoom is an App which can be loaded to an iPad or computer from the App store. It’s very straight forward and you can read up on how to use Zoom beforehand. Like anything new, the first time you do it, may take some getting used to. Sometimes our fear of things new makes us think we can’t do it, but when we start rocking out something new, we feel good for mastering it and it’s never as tricky as we think it is. If you are really worried: get in touch and I will help you.
What if this isn’t enough to help my child?
If there is time I will take questions from the children about their specific concerns. In a group scenario I can’t always give individual feedback but I will try to. I am doing these live calls so that I can reach and help more children as not everybody can make it to workshops and 121 Coaching.
If you have a specific issue which you would like to discuss with me book a Parents Clarity Call and we can talk other options.
Can I invite my friends?
Yes of course! The more the merrier. You can send your friend the link to sign up. Just cut and paste it into a text or an email. www.smileyforlife.com/live