When did life get so super crazy busy?
I jumped online this week to try and slow the pace down. It feels like we have created a world for children which perpetuates stress. If you’ve read my Letter to a Busy Mum then you’ll know how this massively affects your child and your family life.
Here are some of the other things I see in my coaching room which are also contributing to the crazy busyness:
- School Pressure – too much homework and too many tests. Learning is meant to be fun!
- Social Media – comparing ourselves to others and trying to keep up. Don’t believe all you read on Fakebook!
- More Choice – after school clubs and activities aplenty. It’s great we can make the most out of life, but at what cost?
- Mobile Phones – creates a perception that we can have what we want when we want it. This doesn’t mean that we are all available 24/7.
- Rise of Z List Celebrities who are role modelling perfection in all areas of life – it’s OK to make mistakes in fact they are essential to being a well-balanced grounded person.
- The Internet – moving life online has created a breeding ground for paedophiles, bullying and other risks for children which need constant monitoring.
Top tips for thriving amongst the busyness
- SAY NO – if you are over-scheduling yourself or your children, learn to say no (and still be a nice person).
- MAKE TIME – go to bed and get up earlier so you can slow down. My blog post What the Most Successful Mums Do Before Breakfast Time will help you. All the Mums in Chatty Club do morning silence and mentally prepare themselves for the day say it’s life changing.
- CREATE SPACE – schedule in regular PJ or duvet days where you are not operating to a schedule (oh the irony – schedule in to avoid scheduling!)
- LET IT GO – if you are setting the bar too high, learn to be kinder to yourself and cut yourself some slack.
- RE-PRIORITISE – habitually checking your phone every nano second means you check out from reality (and connecting with your kids). It can also mean that you are at everybody’s beck and call. If somebody texts you and you are not with your phone, that’s OK. It will keep whatever it is.
- GROUND + PROTECT YOURSELF – you can read here how in my Smiley Summer Club the children felt empowered to learn about the importance of grounding and protecting their energy.
- STOP BASING YOUR WORTH ON WHAT YOU CAN DO – appreciate yourself for all that you are. Role model this as often as possible so your children know their worth from the inside out too.
- SCREENS OFF – go screen free for a day every now and then or put your screens in a charging zone downstairs every night so they are not coming to bed with you.
- HAVE A SOOTHING BATH EVERY NIGHT – take your child back to when they were little and revisit bath time. Not only does it prepare your body for sleep but it is also a great way to connect with your child after a long day. Add a cup of Espom salts and some gorgeous essential oils.
- DAILY BED TIME RELAXATION – Science shows that breathing deep from our tummies, regulates big emotions, induces deep healing sleep and releases happiness hormones into our bodies. Over time, this has a cumulative effect and the results are pretty amazing.There are so many fab relaxation resources online; try Calm.com (great for grown ups too) or Relax Kids or YouTube has some fab ones too.
Imagine how this crazy world feels like for children
The risk of not thriving is too high. In coaching, children often talk to me about wanting – space, freedom and fun. Life is not like that for them if they are living in this crazy busy world. It’s impossible to function. It doesn’t take much just to make tiny tweaks to your daily routine so that the pace of life slows down. This is why I’ve created something special to help you.
Happy In My Bubble is a personalised relaxation download
A magical place to rest which your child can listen to it any time that busy life feels overwhelming. Simply plug in your ear phones and sink into your blissful bubble. Click on the image below to find out more…..
There’s something special for Mums too
I have also created VIP Coaching Spa days for Mummies so you can take time out of your busy life to step back reflect and make a conscious choice to do things differently. As Cheryl and Jen would say ‘You’re Worth It!’